It is important for you as a patient to be able to order any repeat medication you require in a convenient and safe manner.
It is also important that any medication prescribed for you is checked to ensure that it is appropriate and that we invite you for regular medication reviews.
- To make ordering your prescription easier we have an online service which you can register for. You can also register at a local pharmacy to ask them to order your prescription for you. Using this service, you can collect your prescription directly from the pharmacy without having to contact the surgery, either to make the request or to collect your prescription.
- We accept written request and fax requests for repeat medication if you prefer not to use a pharmacy or do not have online access. Ideally any written requests should be made using the ordering form on the right hand side of your prescription, as this lists the medication that has been previously issued to you.
- To order your prescription by telephone, please call the Prescription Ordering Line on 0300 421 1215. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Calls charged at standard geographic rate.
- We also require 48 hours to process your request. This enables your GP to review your request against your medical records in a time that is dedicated solely to this task, and not in the middle of a busy emergency surgery.
- Lastly, we would ask you to book an appointment for a medication review if you are requested to do so. This is essential to ensure that your treatment is appropriate, effective and not harming your health. if you do not attend for review appointments we may not be able to continue issuing repeat medication for you.
Please call into the Surgery so that we can provide you with further information about the online system and register you as a new user. You can read about the online service here.